Why You Need To Absolutely Add Glorious Greens To Your Diet? Green vegetables are the food that is mostly missing in modern diets The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that adults consume two to three cups of vegetables per day. According to the CDC’s data, only 9.3% of American adults are meeting the standard for vegetables. On a daily average, American are only eating veggies 1.7 times a day.
When we incorporate more glorious greens in our diet, we are automatically crowding out unhealthier foods that may make us sick. It is important that at least 2 cups of glorious greens are consumed per day because greens are high alkaline foods which help people that are exposed to higher pollution areas. The alkaline are used to neutralize acidic conditions in the bodies which are caused by the environment. Leafy greens help to replenish the alkaline mineral and they continue to filter out pollutants in our bodies.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF ADDING GLORIOUS GREENS TO OUR DIET?
- BLOOD PURIFICATION
- PREVENTS CANCER
- HELPS IMPROVE CIRCULATION
- IMPROVES LIVER, GALL BLADDER AND KIDNEY FUNCTIONS
- STRENGTHENS THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
- HELPS KEEP THE GUT HEALTHY
WHICH LEAFY GREEN SHOULD I ADD TO MY DIET?
There are a variety of leafy greens we may add to our diet. Find options that you will enjoy and eat often. Examples are kale, cabbage, spinach, broccoli, arugula, romanine lettuce, and bok choy. Here is a list of cruciferous Vegetables and their benefits.
Leafy glorious green vegetables are packed with very powerful nutrients that are critical for good health and wellness. To reap all of the benefits of these amazing leafy vegetables make sure to incorporate a variety of these vegetables in your diet. You can add them to salads, stews, soups, pastas, etc.
Cauliflower is so Amazing!
Cauliflower is the new trend! You can now find cauliflower everything….from pancakes to pizza. For those on a low carb diet, cauliflower is your new best friend! Yes, you can now have pizza on a low carb diet. Not only is cauliflower versatile, it also has many benefits.
Here are several important benefits:
- Aids in weight loss; it is low in calories, only 25 calories per cup, has zero grams of fat, helps reduce constipation, due to its high fiber content.
- Helps reduce cancer risk; Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that has also been shown to kill cancer stem cells, thereby slowing tumor growth
- Assist in hormonal balance; Consuming a diet rich in whole foods and antioxidant-filled vegetables like cauliflower has been shown to help balance hormones partially by reducing unhealthy levels of estrogen
- Preserves eye health; contains sulforaphane which protects the retinal.
- Contains high levels of vitamins and minerals; a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
- Fights inflammation; contains indole-3-carbino, an anti-inflammatory that helps prevent the inflammatory responses at its foundation level
- Decrease risk of heart disease; contains antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids, which helps keep arteries and blood clots plaque free and lessens the chances of high blood pressure.
If you do not like Cauliflower, do not worry, cauliflower is not the only cruciferous, here is a full list of cruciferous vegetables and their benefits:
For an amazing Cauliflower Pizza visit:
Our health care is broken, our country is sicker and more obese and disease-ridden than ever. There is something amiss, which has called to action the role of a Health Coach. Health Coaches are at the forefront of today’s health revolution. At a time when one in five people will die of lifestyle related disease, Health Coaches provide the nutritional and lifestyle guidance society desperately needs to find its way back to health. Read more